Friday, August 7, 2009

Box Office Predictions

UPDATE: The inaugural predictions were terrible. I ranked 256/562, with 77.6% accuracy. Actuals put G.I. Joe at $54.7, followed by Julie & Julia at $20.0 and Harry Potter in third with $8.9. Better luck next time.

---

My predictions for Friday, August 7th - Sunday, August 9th

$39.5 --- G.I. Joe
$25.0 --- Julie & Julia
$11.2 --- Harry Potter
$11.0 --- G-Force
$7.4 --- Funny People
$6.9 --- A Perfect Getaway
$4.9 --- The Ugly Truth
$3.9 --- Aliens in the Attic
$3.9 --- Orphan
$3.8 --- Ice Age

Let me know what you think... comment!


4 comments:

  1. I will take the over on G.I. Joe and the under on Julie Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree... I'm going to say that GI Joe makes closer to $50...

    ReplyDelete
  3. People love Meryl Steep, I dont think 25 is out of the realm of possibility but it is on the high end of all predictions I've seen.
    As for GI Joe, except for a very small group that got to see the movie early, the reviews have been terrible (see nypost.com review). Plus, GI is not an established series like the Transformers movies or Indiana Jones, both films were able to profit even without steller reviews. I also hear that midnight showing were a 1/4 to a 1/2 full...not exactly what they were hoping for. Check back on Sunday for updated results as soon as I can find them.

    ReplyDelete