Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Not hard to "COPE" with

I'm in love with a man named Randy, a brother named Lee, and a musician named Citizen Cope. From his mellow coffee drinking demeanor to rasta like beats, Cope is a truly entertaining artist. His lyrics, simple in phrasing, carry some of the greatest slow head bouncing sounds I have ever heard.

A fan of him prior to the show, I must say that the chance of catching him solo with just his guitar was more than I could have hoped for. From the staples, 'Pablo Picasso, Bullet and a Target, and 107 Degrees', he also played damn near everyother song I've ever heard from him.

Disappointment was not a possibility during this show. A few sound problems aside, it was perfect. And even the small malfunctions came to show the crowd what a 'real' guy Cope is.

Though a small fish in a large ocean of alternative/rock/reggae/blues, Cope's beats set him apart. I challenge anyone to listen to one of his Cd's and not be able to pick out 2-5 songs that you would immediately add to any play list in your life.

In closing, find him if you can and enjoy every second of it.

A true pleasure all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment